MunkeyJoe

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFrederick MD

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

very nice!!
“There are 193 species of monkeys and apes, 192 of them are covered with hair. The exception is a naked ape self-named Homo sapiens.”

Desmond Morris

#42 Globalsmack

Globalsmack

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

I would speak with an IP lawyer as any advice we give could in fact make us liable as well.

Looking super cool by the way,

#43 Machinator

Machinator

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationHolly, Michigan

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

So this project comes to an end, but it's been a good one.  I'm quite happy how these turned out and I hope the customer is equally enthused.  So without further ado here's the Mk1 Predator and his Mk1 Rhino brother:

Posted Image

The turret and sponson weapon mounts have recesses for 1/8 inch diameter magnets 1/16 inch thick, which makes it easy to swap between weapons.

Posted Image

So it's a simple change to go from a Destructor to an Annihilator:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The molds for the turret and sponsons and they are now in production.  Look for them in my store later in the day tomorrow.  I will also have some custom made weapons (heavy machine gun, gatling gun, and laser cannon) that are designed for this turret and sponson (along with future turrets and sponsons) that can easily be fitted with magnets.  But more on that tomorrow.

As for the Mk1 Rhino conversion kit, I have no plans to put this up in the store.  However, I should be able to get about 25 more sets out of the molds before they are retired.  So first come, first served.  Send me a PM if you're interested and get them while they last :)
Posted Image

#44 MunkeyJoe

MunkeyJoe

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFrederick MD

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

View PostMachinator, on 03 June 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

Send me a PM if you're interested and get them while they last :)

PM sent buddy!!! ;)
“There are 193 species of monkeys and apes, 192 of them are covered with hair. The exception is a naked ape self-named Homo sapiens.”

Desmond Morris

#45 Machinator

Machinator

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

OK, the Libertor Tank Turret 1 and Tank Sponson 1 sets are now available in my store!

Also new are these swappable weapons:

The Heavy Machine Gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Gatling Guns:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the Laser Cannons:

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of these weapons have recesses in their mounts for a 1/8 diameter by 1/16 inch thick magnet that makes them easily swappable with the new turrets and sponsons!
Posted Image

#46 mplonski

mplonski

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Those are awesome!  I LOVE those twin heavy machine guns!

Matt
Posted Image

#47 SirTainly

SirTainly

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBack in the UK and hating it

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Very nice, ideal for my heresy era Imperial Fist project!

#48 Mulciber_Volcanus

Mulciber_Volcanus

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDecatur, Georgia, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

How would one of those turrets fit on a stormraven?
If Tom or anyone has a kit and the turret, I'd love to see a pic with them dry-fit together.

I have ideas for my super-raven's turret and hopefully this will play a part.

Ooh, and how would those new gatling guns fit in the SR's nose mount?
-Ryan
___________________________________________________________________________________________
"No time to determine guilt or innocence. Just kill 'em all and let their gods sort it out."
     -Gaius Jaskar, Lord-Commander of the Aureate Stikers at the Siege of Ferramenta (M38)

#49 Machinator

Machinator

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

Well the turret has a 5/8 and 1 inch diameter mount underneath so as long as the Stormraven can accomidate that it should fit just fine.

As for the gatling guns, the base is 0.25x0.5 inches.  I think that's a little big for the nose mount but you can always cut the guns off the mount and use them that way.  They're about 0.25 inches in diameter.

Hope this helps!
Posted Image

#50 MunkeyJoe

MunkeyJoe

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFrederick MD

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

I got mine in the mail today.....

and as always Fine work sir. I am excited about making some MK1 rhinos and Preads!!!

Desmond Morris

#51 Mulciber_Volcanus

Mulciber_Volcanus

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDecatur, Georgia, USA

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

View PostMachinator, on 11 June 2011 - 02:48 AM, said:

Well the turret has a 5/8 and 1 inch diameter mount underneath so as long as the Stormraven can accomidate that it should fit just fine.

As for the gatling guns, the base is 0.25x0.5 inches.  I think that's a little big for the nose mount but you can always cut the guns off the mount and use them that way.  They're about 0.25 inches in diameter.

Hope this helps!
The way I'm building it, it will definitely accommodate! You have an order coming your way!
-Ryan
___________________________________________________________________________________________
"No time to determine guilt or innocence. Just kill 'em all and let their gods sort it out."
     -Gaius Jaskar, Lord-Commander of the Aureate Stikers at the Siege of Ferramenta (M38)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users