4 replies to this topic

#1 Exador

Exador

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

I'm making a custom IG Chimera with a bit of a different weapon loadout than what is in the codex.
It will have a TL heavy bolter on the front instead of the normal single heavy bolter.
The turret will either be a TL Heavy flamers or TL Lascannons (not sure which yet) instead of the single multi-laser.
What do you think the points cost should be for these weapons upgrades ?

#2 Grey Mage

Grey Mage

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

Well for starters youd need to drop the transport capacity I think. 6 or 8 maybe.

And then Id say 75pts, 90 with the TLLC, would be about right.
The best defense is a good offense.

Looking to buy random eldar, from phantom titan to guardian defenders. If youve got a deal send me a PM.

#3 Exador

Exador

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

The model I am building is just as wide but is 1.5x longer than the GW Chimera kit.
The troop compartment is about the same size as the Chimera kit so the troop capacity of 12 would be the same (or possibly reduced to 10).
I'm building it from plasticard and GW bits so I can use in tournaments if I want to, just counts as a normal Chimera. But for Apoc games I want it to be a bit more nasty.

#4 Grey Mage

Grey Mage

Lieutenant

• The Imperium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Youd have a hard time convincing the guys I play with to give you 'the same thing, only better' even for some extra points.

Youd probly be looking at about 90pts for the Hvy Flamer, 105-110pts for the TLLC.
The best defense is a good offense.

Looking to buy random eldar, from phantom titan to guardian defenders. If youve got a deal send me a PM.

#5 Jackmojo

Jackmojo

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostGrey Mage, on 22 July 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

Youd have a hard time convincing the guys I play with to give you 'the same thing, only better' even for some extra points.

Youd probly be looking at about 90pts for the Hvy Flamer, 105-110pts for the TLLC.

I'd say the 35 a Razorback pays to go to a twin lascannon from twin heavy bolters is good starting point, +10 for only having one bolter to begin with makes me think 100 for a twin lascannon over a multilaser is about right, add 10 for twin linking the hull heavy bolter and that sounds fair.  

Jack
The rules:
1) Style over Substance.
2) Attitude is Everything.
3) Always take it to the Edge.
4) Break the Rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users